Sunday, September 14, 2008

What were my top played tunes on iTunes before I moved?

As I'm probably about to lose my records of ratings etc I thought I would make a note of the top 25 played tracks from my iPod before I try and synch them (and probably find it loses everything!)

As You Turn to Go - The 6ths featuring Momus (aka Stephin Merritt - aka Magnetic Fields)
The Matter (Of Our Discussion) - Boom Bip featuring Nina Nastasia
A Long Time Ago - David Ford
Tarmac - Hazeldine
Tardis soundclip
Drama Queens - Dan Sartain
Don't Blink - The Doctor [soundclip]
Last of the Timelords - The Doctor [soundclip]
Bohemian Rhapsody - Cud [Cover of Queen]
Scooby's House - Larry Nightingale [soundclip from Blink]
Us - Regina Spektor
100,000 Fireflies - The Magnetic Fields featuring Susan Anway
They'll Hang Flags From Cranes Upon My Wedding Day - Ballboy
Pull the Wires From the Wall - The Delgados
Two Hearts - The Doctor [soundclip]
Silent All These Years - Fay Wong [cover of Tori Amos]
1 - Joy Zipper
Sing Songs Along - Tilly and the Wall
John Smith was... - The Doctor [soundclip from Human Nature]
This Watch is me - The Doctor
About Today - The National
It Dawned on Me - Calla
Gallifrey - The Doctor [soundclip]
Reverse the Polarity - The Doctor [soundclip]
13 Angels Standing Guard 'round The Side of Your Bed - A Silver Mount Zion

I can explain the soundclips from me putting together various playlists featuring selected soundclips from the lovely Doctor Who series! But otherwise I'm struck by the largely melancholic tone of many of the tracks. Still at least there are some upbeats in there (in music if not lyrics)

1 comment:

JoeinVegas said...

I don't think I've heard a single one of those songs. Oh my. (send me a CD)