Thursday, July 26, 2007

Note to self: watching excessive enjoyable quantities of TV with Scottish actors has a distinct impact on my vocal manners

Shite.

Spent a fair bit of time over the last two days watching the six glorious episodes of "Takin' Over the Asylum". I had not forgotten how bloody wonderful this programme was and re-acquainting myself with its narratives and characters was just a delight.

Unfortunately, by the time Cloud came home I ended up having to virtually gag myself for an hour after he mercilessly pointed out that I sounded as if I was newly arrived from the fair city I spent several hours watching.

As I said: shite.

5 comments:

Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

Heehee.

Will have to check out that show...

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

It is just such a joy. I mean, it's bleak, and dramatic, and so heart-rending at times (not least because you hope to bloody god that where people still are treated in formal settings for mental health difficulties that its better than this) that you just want to choke, but it is brilliant. Its such a gutting shame that the innovative use of music is exactly what means it will never get released on DVD formally. Such brilliant portrayals of the written characters (and some [now] trademark acting moves from some of the key figures). Fabuluos.

But if you - like me - have inherited a gene that says 'absorb and repeat accents' then watch out because it is infectious!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, that was SOOOO brilliant;characters were beautifully drawn. Wow....also makes me remember how wonderful "Tutti Frutti" was!(although I know that lacked DT...as he would have been a bairn way back then! well almost.)

Imposs1904 said...

I loved 'Taking Over The Asylum', and also loved Donna Franceschild's 'Donovan Quick' but what happened with 'The Key'?

I remember tearing my hair out when I watched it.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Awh, Tutti Frutti. What a BRILLIANT series that was.

And yeah, I do think I remember watching her more recent work, The Key'... I seem to remember being a wee bit traumatised by its narrative...