Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tagged people with surprises

JJ (sic) did this. Then so did Joe.

Seven Things About Me That May Surprise You
Seems hard given how horribly and self-damagingly open I am on this and other people's blogs, but still, I will give it a go.

  1. I hated the Pogues and Kirsty McColl's "Fairytale of New York" when it was first released. Now I love it. It is after all a story song. And you know what a sentimentalist I am for that sort of thing.

  2. Despite my interest in family history I have pretty much lost contact with the few remaining distant bits of family I had left. I miss seeing Neil's family regularly far more.

  3. I frequently leave things unfinished. The only reason this probably doesn't show up much is because I do so damn much in the first place. But I have LOTS of unfinished business in every sense of the word.

  4. I won a bible reading competition at my parent's church, and was only narrowly beaten at a regional final by a much older and more experienced reader. It was an extract from Song of Solomon. And by reading I mean reciting. (You also had to do a passage previously unseen until 5 mins before performance).

  5. We didn't have a telephone until I was 15. That meant a lot of afternoons and evenings on street corners (waiting for a phone box people, waiting for a PHONE BOX. Honestly, your opinion of me...)

  6. I still haven't sent anything to David Tennant to sign for me. Given how extraordinarily popular the lad now is, I think I've missed my chance there. He probably now has a team of 'signers' to keep up with the demand. Should've done it pre-Who!

  7. I really don't understand English Grammar but I often have to explain it to students. I'm winging it.

The rules:

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.
Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
Velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia(London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
Tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
Miss Kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Kat (Ontario, Canada)
Badgerdaddy (Ludlow, Shropshire, England)
Dandelion (England, Great Britain)
All Cobblers The Sticks, England.
JoeInVegas (Las Vegas, Nevada, USA)
Rullsenberg (Nottingham, England)

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.

This is TOUGH, and if I had the choice to go broader, the lovely Swan would absolutely be on there.
1. Gusto. Had a very nice meal at this Italian deli/restaurant last September. We go quite often (and did before then as well), but now it has added zing in visiting.
2. Alley Cafe. Vegan/Veggie restaurant. Divine salads. Fabulous day to day specials. Always good value and V hip music in the background.
3. The Vic, Beeston/The Lincolnshire Poacher. Two pubs with a shared menu team. One is near the Uni and is a fab place to go after work (or study). The other is in the city centre. Both have great beer gardens and a mouth-watering selection of whisky. The food is top notch.
4. Petit Paris. A generally older and quieter clientele than the other venues, but as a pre-theatre or gig eatery its a really indulgent location.
5. Home cooking - if it involves a tomato based sauce for rice, pasta, cous-cous then we can make a cracking selection. Nice biscuits/cookies too thanks to the inspiration of Joe.

3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.

Shucks, anyone fancy it? It seems harsh to pick on people and I'm definitely lacking a global blogroll...

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Petit Paris looks so so posh!! and I would think the food must be great...want to go there now! the vic, beestone sounds good too..nothing beats a good old english pub!

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

J.J said...

Loved the Lincolnshire Poacher Lisa.

Bible reading competition????

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I was a young teenager at the time JJ!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Hi Nicole: yes I did enjoy it actually. Though the 7 things was really tough - thinking up seven things that may even be remotly unfamiliar let alone surprising to regular readers here was HARD! Wish I could think of someone definite to tag for it!

Anonymous said...

Is the Song of Songs appropriate reading for a young, impressionable teenager? It's pure filth!

JoeinVegas said...

You are fast, and without even being asked.
But a phone box? Why didn't you just borrow a friend's cell? (ha)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Joe: hmm. I get the jest but it really was a case of in those days phones were the size of bricks, with a battery larger than a hod full of bricks!

No cells: it was a pre-cell-age.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo... Gusto sounds like it can stop my craving for some spicy food!

Okay... looks like no hard to stop by the Vic for a couple of drinks eh. Ah... I need to chill out badly.