Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Beatles songs

I'm going to be honest about what the criteria were that I have used for this poll.

I am in agony over whether I can justify including my favourite song on the grounds that it's not only a cover version but also only appeared on a post-band release....

If it's in, then their version of "To Know Her is to Love Her" from the Beatles at the Beeb would ABSOLUTELY be on my top five.

Sheesh, this is tough (yes, I know Norm, I know...). I thought the fights we got into over the Beatles albums were tough enough...

Shortlist (in no particular order):

    If I Fell
    I'm a Loser
    I Want You (She's So Heavy)
    She's Leaving Home
    For No One
    I Will
    Strawberry Fields Forever
    Julia
    Something
    I've Just Seen a Face
    In My Life
    Happiness is a Warm Gun
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps
I'm going to have to sleep on this. And even as I type that I am thinking it's missing some key works...

1 comment:

Paul 'Fuzz' Lowman said...

Just 'dropped' my Top 5 over at the Fuzz Compound. I love making Beatles lists! It was a Beatles LP debate that first got me regularly reading all you guys a year or so back...always alotta fun. Cheers for pointing me in the Norm's direction.