Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Musical joys

Just been listening to the wonderful Momus collection of his Creation Recordings, "Forbidden Timemachine". I had thought it had been deleted as everywhere I tried earlier in the year had blank expressions and information indicating it had gone the way of back catalogue 'not-being-re-pressed'. So imagine my delight when I spotted it and now have got it in my sticky hands. "A Complete History of Sexual Jealousy (Parts 17-24)" is worth the price of entry alone.

Then again he is a boy from Paisley...

;)

That issue is almost becoming spooky...

3 comments:

Rob said...

I knew he was a Scot but hadn't realised he was a Buddy. The guy rocks anyway.

I have duly dived into the Amazon resellers pool and ordered it. I alrady had "Folktronic", "The Little Red Songbook" and "Ping-Pong". My son Ruairidh is something of a fan too, from listening with me in the car. Which probably makes him unique in his school. At least his band hasn't decided to cover "The Penis SOng".....

jams o donnell said...

Momus is one of those artistes I have heard of but never heard anything by. Actually the first time I ever came across him was in a programme about parasites.

All I know about him is that he washed his contact lenses in water when in Greece and got an Amoebic infection that destroyed one of his eyes. Hmm I should expand my knowledge

I do like your blog very much. I have taken the liberty of linking the Poor Mouth to you.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Merci buckets jams. Likewise yours. Can't think how it took me so long to get around to linking to you after you first starting visiting. Formal welcome!
PS definitely seek out Momus. I first heard him on vocals on the track "As You Turn to Go" from Stephin Merritt's 'Hyacinths and Thistles' album (ostensibly by The Sixths). It remains a favourite of mine.
http://rullsenbergrules.blogspot.com/2005/02/obscure-song-no-2-as-you-turn-to-go.html