Sunday, June 18, 2006

Love and Monsters and ELO

Anna gets in ahead of me with just a great review of last night's Who. As I say there, I unfortunately suspect that this will divide opinion terribly. But it was warm, quirky, weird, and wrong (and I mean that in a good way - so wrong that it was right). It shouldn't have worked and some will say it didn't, but its heart was on its sleeve and it DID work for me.

By the way, anyone want to bet that RTD loved the trailer for "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and was frustrated that in the film they didn't actually include Mr Blue Sky?

UPDATE: Check out Anna's place for THE debate about Love and Monsters, including a brilliant bit of commentary from Fuzzboy. And if you don't know the drill by now that MediumRob is also the guy to read on these matters, then clearly you don't care about pop culture commentary.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Taped it and haven't watched it yet. However, daughter Vanessa watched it, reckoned it was one of the best things she'd ever seen on television, and watched it again. And she's not even especially a Dr Who fan. So I'm looking forward to it (as V's tastes and mine are similar on a lot of things).