Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Kelley Armstrong: current reading

Being in need of more frothy material than academic writings on music - albeit pop music - I skipped some of my hours this weekend to read Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. The ever lovely Celeste recommended it to me on the basis that she has had to read Kelley's works through supervising a student's research, and - seeing as I am such a Buffy fan - thought I would enjoy reading some werewolf narrative.

I have to say I was mightly impressed. Bitten was a ripping yarn with some well-constructed characters and I am happily looking forward to reading something further of her work. Her website (link above) is very well constructed and offers both unpublished, work-in-progress writings AND opportunities to offer input or view Kelley's own comments on her writing. I'm definitely going to be reading more of this.

No comments: