Wednesday, September 15, 2004

CSI and their curious selections of music

I should have realised my gut instinct was right... Earlier this year my "cloud-in-trousers" and myself were watching CSI when suddenly the hardly mainstream sounds of an Einsturzende Neubauten track cropped up in the musical background. So, last night, when watching a re-run of the episode "Slaves of Las Vegas" from Season 2, I should have been less astonished to hear Sigur Ros. The track was "Sven g englar". For those interested, the CSI website guide has a good list of music used in the show(s).

I am always intrigued by the selection of music tracks to be played in the background of TV and movies. I know Tarantino is often credited with upping the ante on the quality of movie soundtracks and their accompanying albums but I wonder how much thought is given to the use of music in TV? Its seems an underrated area.

2 comments:

Neil said...

Do you know where I can get the track from? Is it on cd - showing my age!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

The track Sven g englar was originally released as a single/EP and can be found on their 2nd album Agaetis Byrjun.